Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs This one was a bit of a let down, I'm afraid. However, I don't want to make this review sound overly negative, because this was by no means a bad book. It just didn't hold my attention like the first one did.

Just like the previous book, I listened to the audio version. I had a hard time paying attention this time around, though; I just found my mind constantly wandering as I listened, even as I was trying hard to follow the story. While I love the narrator, who is an excellent voice actress, even her great performance didn't really help keep me from drifting off. I just felt there was less story and action here, and instead a lot more description and talk, talk, talk. I couldn't help being a little bored at times. On the upside, this meant a lot of character development, and that's always a good thing.

One other thought that did occur to me, is that I kinda wish Mercy had a good girl friend or something to interact with in these books. She's like surrounded by men, and most of them seem to be in love with her.