Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater I don't read too much YA, but I have read enough to know that my favorite books are the ones that both older and younger can relate with, and that can be enjoyed by all age groups.

Which brings me to my point: as a book targeted at young adults, Shiver is a pretty decent read in and of itself...but I think I would like it more if I was still middle to high school aged. The thing is, it's just soooooo cute and sweeeeeet and cloying and sentimental and ARRRGH. Basically, it's about a girl lamenting that her parents don't pay enough attention to her, and her ultimate romance with her werewolf boyfriend complete with the usual set of tribulations that often arise in such stories to keep the teen protagonists and their supernatural suitors apart. If you're looking to curl up on a nice quiet evening with a cup of warm cocoa and a little tale of puppy love, then this book is perfect! Me, I was probably expecting a little too much at the time and it ended up not being quite what I was looking for, which was a light read with hopefully a more complex story. Or hey, maybe the years have just jaded me!

Anyway, vampires that sparkle and now werewolves that shift depending on temperature change. I thought that was quite interesting. Ah, young adult paranormal genre, what will you come up with next!