Spartan Gold - Clive Cussler, Grant Blackwood Not my usual read, but I thought I'd break it up with something different. This is an adventure story about a treasure hunting married couple on their quest to find 12 lost wine bottles from Napoleon's "lost cellar." But believing that these bottles hold the key to finding the secret treasure of Xerxes I, the book's villain will stop at nothing to get to them first.

I'd never read anything by Clive Cussler before this; his stuff always seemed to be like something my dad would read. I don't say that like it's a negative, just an observation and a speculation of the target audience. I can certainly see why his books are so popular, though. There's lots of action and adventure as our main protagonists the Fargos solve riddles and uncover secrets in a way that is reminiscent of the DaVinci Code.

The only problem is, it's just not too thrilling or suspenseful. Sam and Remi Fargo are a couple of goody-two-shoes always letting their adversaries go free, allowing them to ambush them another day. Sam and Remi always seem to stay a step ahead, but the villains end up catching up, there's usually a struggle, the Fargos win and capture the villains, and then let them go. This cycle must have repeated itself a few more times before the tension just left me for good.