Omen - Christie Golden Probably one of the better Star Wars books I've ever read, and no surprise, it's written by Christie Golden. Even though I find her writing can be a bit hokey sometimes, I'm generally a fan of hers.

And since this is a Star Wars novel, so I'm not going to come down hard. I have to say this was a good book for what it is, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. We're finally picking up some steam in this series, whereas the first book felt more like an intro.

I'm not going to lie; there were parts in this book where the writing was so bad it made me want to hurl my Kindle across the room, but there were also some great combat scenes and witty dialogue that made up for it. I love how Christie Golden writes the relationship between Luke and Ben, how she conveys their whole father-son dynamic.

The Skywalkers' exile is the part of the story I'm most interested in too, so I'm glad that plot line is moving forward. Unfortunately on the Han and Leia front, things still feel like filler, and I'm really hoping the Solos will get more interesting later.